Ladies Night is always a popular event at Orbit Skate Center in Palatine IL. We used to have one a year but they have proved SO popular we are going to be having this special event every other month! Our next Ladies Night is Jule 29, 2017 from 7pm – 11pm. Admission is free for Ladies of all ages and we feature drink special for adults at the Galaxy SkyBar.
What is free style music and why do skaters love it? Mention Stevie B to an old school skater and they’ll jump for joy! There’s a certain beat that roller skaters love and some of the best music to skate to is called Freestyle or Old School music. Examples include Don’t Stop The Rock, I Wanna Be the One and Dreamin of Love. Well we have a party for you! Join us on July 15, 2017 from 7pm – 11pm for the best in Freestyle and Old School music that roller skaters love! If you want to hear a great playlist, click here to listen on Spotify!
Enjoy some of the best skating music ever when lines of skaters flocked to local roller rinks dressed in crazy costumes! Disco music is making a huge comeback and even a new genre called New Disco is hitting the nightclubs and entertainment venues. Orbit Skate Center entertained thousands of disco skaters and we are bringing it back for one night, Saturday June 17th from 7pm – 11pm. Enjoy food and drink selections from the Cosmic Cafe and Galaxy Skybar! Great for all ages, bring your family and friends.
Summer is almost here and families are looking for fun activities with their children. Roller skating indoors is the perfect summer activity! With a smooth skating surface and air conditioning, you and your children can enjoy spending time listening to your favorite music to skate at Orbit Skate Center in Palatine Illinois. Who wants to be outdoors on bumpy paths littered with sticks and stones when it’s hot and muggy or worse, raining cats and dogs? Don’t let the weather ruin your summer fun!
Since schools are out at the end of May this year, we are starting our summer schedule in June. Adding weekday sessions and value packed skate times, means there’s no better way to get exercise while having great fun. The changes to our summer schedule designed to give families great times during the afternoons on weekdays and a couple of weeknight sessions that have proved to be very popular. Our $2 Tuesday night sessions means everything is $2, with $2.00 Admission, $2.00 skate rental, $2.00 Pizza and Pop. On Wednesday Nights it gets even better with $1.00 Admission!
We know that you have many choices for summer entertainment, but you won’t find a more affordable option than Orbit Skate Center. Great food choices at the Cosmic Cafe and the Galaxy Skybar is open for adult beverage choices. Come find out why Orbit has been a local destination for so many generations!
If you need to learn to skate, our Saturday Drop In Class at 12pm every Saturday for just $4.00 gives you a group class and includes skate rental. Parents can take the class with their children and learn together. Roller skating is a sport that is enjoyed by just about anyone that can walk forwards and backwards. We work on balance which is a most important skill for young children and translates into a future that enhances any sport in their future. Balance for adults is surprisingly rare and learning to roller skates works on 80% of the bodies muscles. It is the one sport that burns calories even when you are standing still because you have to balance.
We would love to see you and your family skating indoors this summer where the weather is always 72 degrees, sunny and dry! Check out our summer schedule here.
Organ music was popular with roller skaters for decades and is still beloved today by skaters that enjoy a strong beat, live performance and traditional skating music. Today, the best organists like Carl DeSanti put popular current day tunes to lively and upbeat tempos into their repertoire to appeal to young and old alike. Orbit Skate Center was home to some of the greatest organists like Tony Tallman, Leon Berry and others. This event is presented by a private promoter that wants everyone to see what organ music skating is all about. Great for families and children of all ages, we hope you enjoy this event. Admission is $10.00 per person skating or not.
Ladies Night is one of our most popular events! Everyone is asking for another one so here you go – April 22nd 7p – 10p for all ages and adults 17+ can stay until 1am for same admission. Admission is free for ladies of all ages and skate rental is $4 if needed. Bring your girlfriends out for a night of fun. The Galaxy Skybar will be open for our 21+ guests and great music and roller skating just adds to the fun.
Orbit Skate Center celebrates Mardi Gras each year with a party! Enjoy a large balloon drop, mask contest and roller skating fun. Special 21+ drink offerings in the Galaxy Skybar and great food selections from the Cosmic Cafe. This is one of our most popular events. This year, Saturday February 25th 7-10pm is for all ages and adults 17+ can stay until 1am for the same admission price. Admission is $8.50 and skate rental is $4.00 if needed. This is the 3rd year we’ve had the Mardi Gras Party and every year gets bigger and better. We’ve seen some spectacular masks each year! Beads abound when you walk in, we have some for you so bring the family and friends and celebrate the best Mardi Gras Party on 8 Wheels!
- Quest Church begins services on 1/8/17 at 9am every Sunday for members and new members. This is a great fit for Orbit Skate Center because Quest Church is an open, welcoming non-denominational congregation for families and individuals. Come as you are, even Pastor Ed is in blue jeans! Live music brings a special element to the services and participants can stay and roller skate the 11a-3p open skating session afterwards for a special price!
- We hope that our local schools will take advantage of our new STEM field trips for elementary and middle schools. Taught during the day, $12 per student includes an hour STEM program on a variety of subjects relating to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math built around roller skating, rink design, sound, and the math principles that bring these exciting subjects to life and allows students in hands on activities to show how everyday life relates.
- Our new Saturday lineup of classes on 4 levels, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Adults only classes bring the love of roller skating to new visitors allowing for a lifetime of fitness.
- That our mission to provide excellence in after school care for our local Palatine CCSD 15 school district continues to grow. We hope that we are able to give families a chance to enjoy their family time together instead of trying to get homework done they are able to sit down to dinner and spend time having fun. The After School Club is open to all children grades K-8 and we offer very affordable care including transportation and healthy snacks along with really fun activities. Enrollment is always open and new students begin all the time!
- We hope and pray that roller skating continues to be a sustainable, family centered activity and enough skaters come to Orbit Skate Center to keep it the landmark destination it has been for 42 years. With all the challenges of doing business in Cook County, it has been very difficult to keep going and we all hope for a better 2017!
Have a great year and Happy New Year to all of you from all of us.
The winter holidays fall on weekends this year, both Christmas Eve and Hanukkah start on the same night. We are going to be closed on Saturday, December 24th so our employees can enjoy time with their families but we are opening on Sunday night, December 25th from 7p-10p for Santa’s last hurrah. This was a great event last year after all the presents are opened and eating all day people were so glad to come out and skate with family and friends. We’ll play a mix of music, not all holiday music (we’ve been hearing that since before Thanksgiving, geese). Here’s our schedule for Winter Break at Orbit Skate Center including our Santa Skate on Dec. 10th and daily 1p-4p weekday skating during winter break.