Winter Break is a great time to skate at Orbit Skate Center. Enjoy the music of the season during our family friendly afternoon skates 1-4pm. Orbit Skate Center in Palatine is located right off Route 53 and Northwest Hwy, across from Arlington Park Race Track. Roller Skating is a great way to enjoy family and friends. Spend some holiday time making memories that your family will never forget. Admission is just $5.00 and skate rental is $4 if needed.
Ring in the New Year on roller skates! Orbit Skate Center has been celebrating with our New Year’s Eve Family Bash annually and the balloon drop is legendary! We drop 6,000 balloons every year on December 31st filled with coupons. A countdown at ‘midnight’ along with a pizza buffet, hats and horns and a live DJ to play requests, games and make this event so special. Save money with advance tickets sold here.
This event is great for all ages and is from 6pm-11pm on December 31st. No coupons or Groupons are accepted and everyone pays at the door.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve with the kids at Orbit Skate Center! This popular annual event features a gigantic balloon drop filled with coupons, a pizza buffet including pop and fun for all ages. We have a countdown at ‘midnight’ and the children feel like they are at a grownup party! Our Minions and Spongebob will be on hand to add to the fun. Family friendly music is played along with games. Plan your trip now with our online ticket options and save. Click here to get online tickets now.
We will be open every afternoon during Thanksgiving Break 1-4pm for family roller skating fun. Admission is just $5 for holiday sessions and skate rental is $4 if needed. What else can you do for $5 for 3 hours of music, healthy activities and family fun!! Bring the family out and enjoy some holiday spirit and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day to give our employees time to spend with their families. See you round the rink!
You are invited to skate with Santa, the Minions and Spongebob on Saturday December 9th from 10am – 12pm. Families with children 10&under and well behaved siblings are welcome. We will be serving hot chocolate and candy canes. Holiday music makes this morning so much fun. This is our 3rd annual event and it’s more popular each year!
Parents all want the best for their children, that’s a fact. Childhood obesity is something every parent is and should be concerned with in this age of electronics both on a desktop and in their child’s hands. Children seem glued to electronic games and they use them wherever they are, at home, school and in the car. Trying to engage a child in a meaningful conversation without the interference of electronic devices can be a challenge for any parent. Add to the fact that families are trying to make ends meet by working a part-time job on top of a full-time job, finding affordable family fun that includes exercise is yet another challenge.
How can we help our children become healthy happy adults that do not battle obesity as adults starts when they are young. Engaging in activities that are active as well as interactive can make a lifelong road to health easier and more fun not to mention drawing the family closer together. Roller skating can help! Check out these facts below from the Center for Disease Control:
Childhood Obesity and Child Wellbeing
Childhood obesity has immediate and long-term impacts on physical, social, and emotional health. For example:
- Children with obesity are at higher risk for having other chronic health conditions and diseases that impact physical health, such as asthma, sleep apnea, bone and joint problems, type 2 diabetes, and risk factors for heart disease.4, 5, 15-17
- Children with obesity are bullied and teased more than their normal weight peers,18 and are more likely to suffer from social isolation, depression, and lower self-esteem.19
- In the long term, childhood obesity also is associated with having obesity as an adult,23 which is linked to serious conditions and diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and several types of cancer.24–25
Scary isn’t it?
Roller skating is an activity that can be enjoyed by all ages from children as young as 18 months to adults ages 65+. Roller rinks are great places for children to form friendships and have the entire family enjoy the visits. It is proven that if a child skates twice a week their overall health will improve, their social skills dealing with peers are enhanced and they become more confident in themselves. At Orbit Skate Center in Palatine Illinois we have seen children and adults lose as much as 100 pounds just by roller skating and having fun. The music played is current and makes you want to get moving. Making the roller rink a destination for the family fun a couple times a week means they will enjoy family time together, not glued to a television or game console and you will create memories for your children that last a lifetime.
It is said by many that roller skating is a ‘retro’ sport from the past but we disagree! Roller skating should be at the forefront of any other sport due to the fact that you learn the most important skill of balance. Even standing still on skates takes balance and that balance carries forward to all other sports like soccer, gymnastics, lacrosse and bicycling. A child that learns to be truly balanced learns every other sport more easily. Learn to skate at Orbit Skate Center on Saturdays from 12pm – 1pm for only $5.00 including skates.
Affordable family fun and a road to healthy living is as close as your local roller rink. Make it your destination this week!
- Quest Church begins services on 1/8/17 at 9am every Sunday for members and new members. This is a great fit for Orbit Skate Center because Quest Church is an open, welcoming non-denominational congregation for families and individuals. Come as you are, even Pastor Ed is in blue jeans! Live music brings a special element to the services and participants can stay and roller skate the 11a-3p open skating session afterwards for a special price!
- We hope that our local schools will take advantage of our new STEM field trips for elementary and middle schools. Taught during the day, $12 per student includes an hour STEM program on a variety of subjects relating to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math built around roller skating, rink design, sound, and the math principles that bring these exciting subjects to life and allows students in hands on activities to show how everyday life relates.
- Our new Saturday lineup of classes on 4 levels, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Adults only classes bring the love of roller skating to new visitors allowing for a lifetime of fitness.
- That our mission to provide excellence in after school care for our local Palatine CCSD 15 school district continues to grow. We hope that we are able to give families a chance to enjoy their family time together instead of trying to get homework done they are able to sit down to dinner and spend time having fun. The After School Club is open to all children grades K-8 and we offer very affordable care including transportation and healthy snacks along with really fun activities. Enrollment is always open and new students begin all the time!
- We hope and pray that roller skating continues to be a sustainable, family centered activity and enough skaters come to Orbit Skate Center to keep it the landmark destination it has been for 42 years. With all the challenges of doing business in Cook County, it has been very difficult to keep going and we all hope for a better 2017!
Have a great year and Happy New Year to all of you from all of us.
The winter holidays fall on weekends this year, both Christmas Eve and Hanukkah start on the same night. We are going to be closed on Saturday, December 24th so our employees can enjoy time with their families but we are opening on Sunday night, December 25th from 7p-10p for Santa’s last hurrah. This was a great event last year after all the presents are opened and eating all day people were so glad to come out and skate with family and friends. We’ll play a mix of music, not all holiday music (we’ve been hearing that since before Thanksgiving, geese). Here’s our schedule for Winter Break at Orbit Skate Center including our Santa Skate on Dec. 10th and daily 1p-4p weekday skating during winter break.