The only way we can see roller skating being an even greater activity that it already is, would be to have more time to skate! In this day and age, time is always a precious commodity, but on rare occasions when we have all the time in the world our skate sessions can be cut short by other forces. Endurance. If you have just started your roller skating journey or have just come back from a hiatus, it can be easy to tire out before everyone else at first. Building your endurance can take some time, but Orbit Skate Center, located in Palatine, IL, has a few tips to help you on your way!
- Push it to the Limit – The only way to improve is to move forward. Every time you skate try to go a little farther than the last time. If you keep increasing your skate time in little increments, you will be skating as long as everyone else in no time!
- Be Healthy – It’s important when you increase one area of your health to increase all areas. To maximize your endurance, be sure to eat a well balanced diet.
- Form – In roller skating, form is everything. A flawed skating form can cause someone to do more work than is necessary. Be sure to watch videos and ask questions from experienced skaters until you’ve got it down.
- Practice Makes Perfect – Practice, practice, practice! Being a great skater takes time. Every chance you get, try to work on your roller skating
- Skate Everywhere – Roller skating is for more than just the rink. Try skating on multiple surface to help get you used to being on skates.
Join us at Orbit Skate Center and let’s get to work on your endurance! Check out our hours and plan your next visit.