There is no one way to correctly roll around on a pair of skates. Some like to cruise and take a leisurely glide around the rink, while others enjoy something that looks more like jam skating. Some people even prefer to skate outside of the roller rink. Taking all of these different approaches to skating into account, it is important to realize that some skates are better than others depending on what your skating journey might be. But how do you choose? Orbit Skate Center, located in Palatine, IL, is here to help. Find out which skate best suites you in this week’s post!
- The quad skate is what many avid rink goers gravitate to.
- Need a little more stability? This is the skate for you! The way the 4 wheels are situated on the skate makes for a wider grip on the ground.
- Is cruising your thing? Quad skate are not built for the speed that an inline skate is. So if jamming around the rink is what your after, then look no further than quad skates.
- If your ankles need a little more support during physical activity, the quad may not offer what you need.
- If you feel the need for speed, inline skates might be what you need! Inline skate are used in speed competitions because of their more stream-line design.
- If you are the kind of person who needs to feel the sun on your face, inline skates are better suited for outdoor fun. they are great for roller hockey and skating on a bumpier surface.
- Need support for your ankles? Inline skates are made of plastic that comes up higher on your leg than a quad skate does.
- While inline skates are easy to get the hang of if you practice enough, they do tend to be a little less stable than a quad skate. If stability is something you need, inlines might not be for you.
If you are in the market for a new pair of skates be sure to visit our Skate Shop and we will get you set up with a pair!