What is free style music and why do skaters love it? Mention Stevie B to an old school skater and they’ll jump for joy! There’s a certain beat that roller skaters love and some of the best music to skate to is called Freestyle or Old School music. Examples include Don’t Stop The Rock, I Wanna Be the One and Dreamin of Love. Well we have a party for you! Join us on July 15, 2017 from 7pm – 11pm for the best in Freestyle and Old School music that roller skaters love! If you want to hear a great playlist, click here to listen on Spotify!
Enjoy some of the best skating music ever when lines of skaters flocked to local roller rinks dressed in crazy costumes! Disco music is making a huge comeback and even a new genre called New Disco is hitting the nightclubs and entertainment venues. Orbit Skate Center entertained thousands of disco skaters and we are bringing it back for one night, Saturday June 17th from 7pm – 11pm. Enjoy food and drink selections from the Cosmic Cafe and Galaxy Skybar! Great for all ages, bring your family and friends.
Enjoy all your favorites by the great and late music legends of our time! Skate to the best music from Michael Jackson, George Michael, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Whitney Houston, Donna Summer and more. Great for all ages 7p-10p and adults can stay until 1a for the same admission $8.50pp and skate rental is $4 if needed. Enjoy the Cosmic Cafe and Galaxy Skybar!
Ladies Night is one of our most popular events! Everyone is asking for another one so here you go – April 22nd 7p – 10p for all ages and adults 17+ can stay until 1am for same admission. Admission is free for ladies of all ages and skate rental is $4 if needed. Bring your girlfriends out for a night of fun. The Galaxy Skybar will be open for our 21+ guests and great music and roller skating just adds to the fun.
- Quest Church begins services on 1/8/17 at 9am every Sunday for members and new members. This is a great fit for Orbit Skate Center because Quest Church is an open, welcoming non-denominational congregation for families and individuals. Come as you are, even Pastor Ed is in blue jeans! Live music brings a special element to the services and participants can stay and roller skate the 11a-3p open skating session afterwards for a special price!
- We hope that our local schools will take advantage of our new STEM field trips for elementary and middle schools. Taught during the day, $12 per student includes an hour STEM program on a variety of subjects relating to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math built around roller skating, rink design, sound, and the math principles that bring these exciting subjects to life and allows students in hands on activities to show how everyday life relates.
- Our new Saturday lineup of classes on 4 levels, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Adults only classes bring the love of roller skating to new visitors allowing for a lifetime of fitness.
- That our mission to provide excellence in after school care for our local Palatine CCSD 15 school district continues to grow. We hope that we are able to give families a chance to enjoy their family time together instead of trying to get homework done they are able to sit down to dinner and spend time having fun. The After School Club is open to all children grades K-8 and we offer very affordable care including transportation and healthy snacks along with really fun activities. Enrollment is always open and new students begin all the time!
- We hope and pray that roller skating continues to be a sustainable, family centered activity and enough skaters come to Orbit Skate Center to keep it the landmark destination it has been for 42 years. With all the challenges of doing business in Cook County, it has been very difficult to keep going and we all hope for a better 2017!
Have a great year and Happy New Year to all of you from all of us.
Are you unsure of what to get a favorite teacher for Christmas? Or how about that hard-to-buy-for cousin, niece or nephew? Or the name you drew for the gift exchange?
Why not consider giving the gift of exercise in such a fantastic atmosphere they won’t even realize they are exercising?
At Orbit Skate Center in Palatine Illinois, the gift of skating in the form of gift cards can be used all year long, is great for people of all ages, and unlike many gift cards, doesn’t expire and can be recharged. According to the Roller Skating Association (May 2015), roller skating is an excellent form of aerobic activity for all ages, and also:
- Roller skating for just 30 minutes produces a heart rate of at least 148 beats per minute.
- The average person can burn up to 600 calories with just one hour of vigorous roller skating at 10 miles per hour.
- Roller skating causes 50% less stress to joints than running.
And according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, roller skating is:
- 2x safer than school playgrounds
- 3x safer than football or baseball
- 4x safer than basketball
- 5x safer than riding a bicycle
Best of all, Orbit Skate Center is currently having their annual gift card sale! During the sale, $30 gift cards are only $25 ($5 free!) and $60 gift cards are only $50 ($10 free!). Gift cards can be used for admission or skate rental, the gift cards can be used the cards anywhere in the rink—Cosmic Café, game room, or Galaxy Skybar. Combine gift cards group rates, or sign up for our newsletter to get BOGO offers to help your gift stretch even farther!
So before you finish that shopping list, stop by Orbit Skate Center, in Palatine and purchase your gift cards today!
The winter holidays fall on weekends this year, both Christmas Eve and Hanukkah start on the same night. We are going to be closed on Saturday, December 24th so our employees can enjoy time with their families but we are opening on Sunday night, December 25th from 7p-10p for Santa’s last hurrah. This was a great event last year after all the presents are opened and eating all day people were so glad to come out and skate with family and friends. We’ll play a mix of music, not all holiday music (we’ve been hearing that since before Thanksgiving, geese). Here’s our schedule for Winter Break at Orbit Skate Center including our Santa Skate on Dec. 10th and daily 1p-4p weekday skating during winter break.
National Ugly Sweater Day is December 16th, who knew it would come to this level! We are hosting our annual Ugly Sweater Party on Saturday, December 17th from 7p – 10p for all ages and adults 17+ can stay until 1am. The Cosmic Cafe and Galaxy Skybar are open with great food and beverages for adults 21+. Of course we’ll have a contest, so wear your best Ugly Sweater! Last years competition was tough!
Admission is just $8.50 per person and skate rental is $4. if needed.