Did you know? May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month and we couldn’t be more excited! Staying active and fit any age is important for so many reasons. Our favorite (though we are a bit biased) is staying fit through roller skating at Orbit Skate Center.
The Roller Skating Association International has pointed out that roller skating is a great form of aerobic exercise and cardio exercise and helps with heart health and overall physical fitness. In today’s post, we have put together a few awesome physical benefits of roller skating and having fun while exercising is #1!
- Calorie burning, body fat reduction, increased leg strength, and other benefits make roller skating equivalent to jogging.
- One hour of moderate roller skating can burn over 300 calories!
- More aggressive skating (speed skating) can increase the amount of calories burned.
- The more the skate, the better you feel!
- Exercising can be tough to do but roller skating makes it fun!
- Gym Memberships can be expensive – roller skating at Orbit is an affordable option!
- Skating with friends and staying fit – win,win!